One of the biggest challenges in every project is to maintain the quality and this is something Los Cabos Film Festival has achieved without a doubt thanks to its unique and incredible personality that brings something different to the map of film festivals in Mexico.
In that sense, registrations are open from August 10 to September 3 for Mexican filmmakers who make first and second films. These are some of the competitions where you can register:
Official Selection Competition Los Cabos
“Cinema is an infinite window to search for and find ourselves, a space for reflection, confrontation and, above all, for reimagining our present.
To offer a privileged and concentrated showcase to each of the participating films during this movie week, Los Cabos 9 presents the Los Cabos Competition as the heart of our program. This exciting meeting, made up of seven of the most exciting and proactive films from the cinematography of Mexico, the United States and Canada, emerges as our only competitive space”.
- Competencia Los Cabos Award: cash prize for the director of the winning film. The specific amount will be announced before the festival.
- Competencia Los Cabos’ Cinecolor-Shalalá Award: for the producer of a Mexican film, consisting of $730,000 (Mexican Pesos) in Image post-production services and $250,000 (Mexican Pesos) in Sound post-production services (sound design and pre-mix).
- Art Kingdom Award: for a Mexican film, valued in $15,000.00 USD, consisting of the complete process of poster and trailer creation for the premiere and exhibition of the film in cinemas.
Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund
“With the intention of offering opportunities that give continuity to the cinematographic projects of emerging directors that are in their early stages of development, and to films in the post-production process, our Industry section, through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund, offers concrete support for that the selected projects advance to their next stages.
The chosen participants will also be able to dialogue in one-to-one meetings with different professionals from the international industry. The Industry delegates of our 9th edition will be part of the different activities, designed to discuss and deepen on the scenarios that are looming for the future of cinema ”.
Projects in Development
10 selections will have the possibility of meetings with producers and sales agents.
- CTT EXP & Rentals Award: With a value of $1,757,072 MXN (one million, seven hundred fifty seven thousand, seventy two Mexican pesos) of filming equipment rental for five weeks.
- Projects exchange with the Independent Filmmaker Project: One of the participating projects will be selected to participate in the No Borders program of IFP – Project Forum.
Work in Progress
5 Mexican projects in the post-production stage will be exhibited through the Los Cabos Film Festival platform to members of the industry.
Cinecolor México / Shalala Award: $360,000.00 MXN (three hundred and sixty thousand Mexican pesos), in image post production services and $250,000.00 MXN (two hundred and fifty thousand Mexican pesos), in sound post production services.
Among the requirements, the titles must prove that their year of production or first public exhibition is 2020 and have a duration greater than 60 minutes. Films from the United States and Canada must be released in Mexico.
Check the bases and register your projects on the official Los Cabos Film Festival.
From August 10 to September 3, 2020, register your fiction or documentary feature film produced or co-produced with Mexico, the United States or Canada.