Today, May 19, inside the Habaneros restaurant in San José del Cabo, the press conference for the ninth edition of San José Jazz Weekend was held to invite people to enjoy a celebration with music, food, art, and a great atmosphere…
Present were Rodrigo Esponda, General Director of the Los Cabos Tourism Trust; Lilzí Orcí, executive president of the Los Cabos Hotel Association; Raquel Rocha, director and producer San José Jazz Weekend; Tito Rodríguez, artistic director of San José Jazz Weekend; Giammarco Vela, member of the Monalisa Group; Rafael García Ceseña, general director of Economic Development and Tourism of the XIV Los Cabos City Council and Carlos Castro, representative of the government of the State of Baja California Sur.
The two-night music event in the Plaza del Pescador will bring together the local community and tourists in free jazz performance on Friday, May 27, and Saturday, May 28 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., with 5 artists from Ciudad from Mexico, Los Angeles, Haiti and of course local talent.
The program will be as follows:
Friday, May 27
- Alfredo Landa- (Contemporary Jazz Fusion) stick instrument
- Non Jazz (jazz fusion-female voice)
- Francisco Lelo De Larrea (Contemporary Jazz)
- Emanuel Cisneros (Latin Jazz)
- Andrea Miller (Female Rhythm Blues Voice)
Saturday May 28
- Arturo Ramírez – (Contemporary Jazz Fusion)
- PitahaJazz- (Traditional Contemporary Jazz)
- Francisco Lelo De Larrea- (Contemporary Jazz)
- Aguascalientes Flamenco Jazz
- Olson Joseph- (Traditional Contemporary Jazz)
On both days of the event, 35 plastic and sculpture artists will exhibit their works for sale. In addition, Aurora Covarrubias will paint a mural before the eyes of the spectators in the Plaza del Pescador; there will be a dedicated space for children’s activities, and food and drink stations by the locals of the square.
The streets will be closed so that all these events take place and you can be part of two incredible nights accompanied by friends and family.
Are you ready for San Jose Jazz Weekend?