We are often wondering about diets and how to maintain a healthier lifestyle. It is not a surprise that we tend to be scared and self-conscious when we take another diet adventure. But, Keto Life it’s a whole new world.
California Ranch Market talked with Bianka Salinas, a Keto expert who was willing to answer every doubt because she is the newest expert in their campaign for a healthier lifestyle.
A ketogenic lifestyle involves reducing carbohydrate intake drastically and replacing it with fats instead. This means you will put your body into a state called ketosis.
Surprisingly, she explains how Keto is way more than a diet, it is a form of living. Incorporating a set of healthy habits that eventually will feel just like breathing.
The peculiarity of the Keto lifestyle is that you stop eating carbohydrates, also known as sugars. This means that you can’t eat any cereals, bread, pasta, or tortillas. It also means that you get rid of most fruits, except berries and coconut, for example.
Another subject you’ll need to take into consideration when choosing this way of life is the radical change you will go through. Bianka told California Ranch Market how the body requires a great level of strength to adjust. Mainly because we have been eating the same way for decades.
Although you might be scared of taking the next step, Bianka assured California Ranch Market there are many benefits. You’ll lose weight for starters, and studies have shown that it can benefit a variety of health conditions like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes.
So, if you consider the Keto lifestyle pay attention to the products you’ll need to avoid:
- Sugary foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy.
- Grains: Wheat-based products such as bread, rice, pasta, cereal.
- Fruit: All types of fruit, except berries or coconut in small portions.
- Root vegetables: Carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes.
- Unhealthy fats: Limit your intake of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, etc.
The products mentioned above are just a few examples. But not everything is prohibition. Now take a look at the foods you’ll be eating:
- Meat: red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken, and turkey.
- Fish: salmon, trout, and tuna.
- Butter and cream
- Healthy oils: extra virgin oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- Low-carb veggies: tomatoes, onions, peppers, and most greens.
Are you ready to take the challenge? If you have any doubt, don’t hesitate to contact California Ranch Market or Bianka Salinas!